Summer is the most popular time of the year to move. 'For Sale' signs start showing up around the neighborhood. You might be moving, but so are a lot of your neighbors. How do you plan for a move during this busy time of year?
As Fishers movers, we have years of experience moving families to and from the greater Indianapolis area. We know some tips and tricks to help make your summer relocation despite the hectic timeline.
- Call Your Mover- As soon as you know that you are moving, it is a good idea to call your Fishers household mover, Crown Moving & Storage. We book up quickly during the busy season. Even if you don’t know your exact dates, having you on the books for a general time will ensure you are on our schedule.
- Plan Ahead- Get a game plan started for your move. Start cleaning out closets to reduce the amount of items you have to move. Pack up what you can ahead of time so you don’t have to worry about moving day creeping up on you.
- Keep Temperature Sensitive Items Separate- One thing that can be difficult about moving during the summer is the extreme, especially if you are moving to a warmer climate. Not only do you need to make sure that your valuables and frequently used items are with you, but you need to also keep any temperature sensitive items separate. Make sure you check with us to see what items we won’t move such as flammable items, paint, and plants.
- Organize Moving Day- Since this is the busy season, preparation is key to make the transition as smooth and timely as possible Organize your belongings so it is clear what the movers are moving and what they are not. Also, make sure you know what time your truck will arrive and have any documents or payment ready for them.
- Pack for a Few Days- Be sure you keep a suitcase full of clothing and personal items you need on a daily basis. Since it’s the busy season on the highways and summer is prone to crazy weather, it is important to have enough clothes and necessities to get you through if your movers experience a slight delay.
Once your items are packed up on the truck you can relax and enjoy the adventure. Your preparation paired with our professionalism is a great combination for a successful summer move.
To learn more about our moving services and to get your move scheduled, call or visit our website today!